How Magnesium can help your skin - from Blemishes to Anti-Ageing
There is a lot of talk about how Magnesium can help your body - whether it be to manage pain, help muscle recovery, get a better nights sleep or ward off a headache.
But Magnesium has another amazing function that we haven't delved into until now.
Your skin. The largest organ in (on?!) your body actually responds incredibly well to topical Magnesium treatments. From managing acne to helping reduce the signs of ageing we cover off the how's and why's of using Magnesium as part of your skincare routine.
How to use The Base Collective range to support skin health.
- Our Magnesium & White Tea Wash is gentle enough to use as a face wash and is also pH balanced so it won’t strip your skin of essential oils or encourage excess sebum production. It is also all natural and perfect for sensitive skin types.
- Our Magnesium & Vitamin E cream can do double duty as a face cream and it is a lovely way to introduce Magnesium into your daily skincare regime. It is also very hydrating and perfect for sensitive skins.
- Our Magnesium Oil is brilliant for managing pimples. Simply dab a little onto the area and let it work its magic. Don’t forget to apply your daily dose to your stomach as well to increase your Magnesium levels overall and help support your skin health holistically.
Read more below!
Redness and inflammation
We all have heard the benefits of Magnesium for relaxation, but did you know it is also incredibly beneficial for relaxation (aka calming redness) of the skin - making it the perfect addition to those suffering from blemishes and generalised redness of the skin.
Our White Tea & Magnesium Wash is perfect for blemish prone skin as it has over 40% organic aloe vera as its base, and this combined with the benefits of magnesium work together to sooth redness, reduce inflamed skin and stop the skin producing excess oil and therefore works to get blemishes under control. Use it as a face and body wash knowing that it is 100% natural and organic with no added nasties.
Follow by using our Magnesium & Vitamin E Cream to help moisturise and restore blemish prone skin back to its natural balanced state. Believe it or not most people who have blemishes think they should be 'drying' their skin out, when in fact this in turn leads to the skin naturally producing excess oil to compensate and resulting in more blemishes! This cream is 100% natural and will help to restore the skin to its natural balanced state.
Hot tip - dab our iconic Magnesium Oil directly onto any spots and watch them disappear the next day!
Helping to get a good nights sleep
While essential for energy production, Magnesium is also critical in the body’s end of day wind-down process and getting a good nights sleep.
And why is sleep important for acne? Because without sleep your stress levels increase (upping those cortisol levels again), inflammation can worsen (further aggravating your acne) and it can compromise your immune systems ability to help fight the bacteria linked to acne. Put simply – good sleep supports good skin.
Magnesium has long been recognised for its anti-inflammatory properties and this makes it perfect for supporting skin health across a variety of conditions including acne.
W R I N K L E S & A N T I - A G E I N G
Helping Maintain Elasticity & Moisture
When you are deficient in Magnesium (and upto 80% of the population are) this tends to results in lower levels of fatty acids on the skin. Without these fatty acids your skin will lose elasticity and moisture and create the perfect environment for dryness and lack of tone, which in turn equals wrinkles.
Try our Magnesium & White Tea for a luxurious balm to hydrate and promote collagen production naturally in the skin.
Magnesium is an essential for the enzymes that support DNA repair and replication. Without Magnesium, these processes can slow down and in turn speed up the signs of ageing.
Magnesium helps support the synthesis of collagen and a lack of collagen as we age is one of the key factors in wrinkles.
Fighting Free Radicals
Without adequate Magnesium, your skin is far more susceptible to harmful free radical damage that can ultimately lead to wrinkling and skin damage. This is because Magnesium is needed for the production of glutathione, which is a key antioxidant that fights free radicals and the damage they can cause.
R E D N E S S
The Calming Effect
Magnesium has been referred to as “the original chill pill” and that applies to our skin as much as for our body’s nervous system. It is an especially effective calming agent for suffers of redness and sensitive skin and transdermal Magnesium is recommended by skin therapists and dermatologists as delivering the most benefit to sufferers of these conditions.
So, really, why wouldn't you try it out?
Our Ultimate Face Bundle uses the magic of Magnesium Skincare to create a skincare routine that is uncomplicated, no-fuss and will leave your face feeling hydrated, reduce inflammation and provide a natural, dewy glow to your skin.
Suitable for all skin types to promote naturally healthy skin with a strong functioning barrier. Suitable for blemish, acne and eczema-prone skin and delicate on all skin types including sensitive skin. The Ultimate Face Bundle is designed to protect, revitalise and nourish your skin each and every day.
Proudly Australian made and owned | Vegan friendly and cruelty-free | Made from natural and organic ingredients excluding dairy, nut and gluten
This bundle includes:
- This wash combines aloe vera juice, olive leaf extract, macadamia oil and safflower oil with the power of Magnesium to cleanse the skin whilst maintaining an optimal pH of 4.5-5.5 leaving the all important lipid barrier in tact. Will remove makeup and suitable for eczema and blemish prone skin.
- Read more here
- This light formula contains a high percentage of Magnesium along with nourishing ingredients such as organic shea butter, sunflower oil, organic cocoa butter to help the Magnesium penetrate the skin to the deep layers and encourage remineralisation and healthy skin performance.
- This formula helps to decrease redness and maintain hydration.
- Suitable for blemishes, eczema prone and sensitive skin.
- Read more here
Glow Restore Triple Serum 30ml (RRP $55):
- Our clever combination of Magnesium Chloride and Hyaluronic Acid 1% works to relieve dry and dull skin by intensively nourishing for long-term hydration, locking moisture within the skin’s barrier for a gorgeous glowing complexion.
Infused with Niacinamide 5% to control sebum production, reduce redness and inflammation and encourage skin cell generation that minimises signs of premature ageing to achieve an even skin tone, these ingredients also boost our body's natural collagen production resulting in smoother, firmer skin. It really is a true multipurpose serum and perfect for multiple skin types including blemishes, eczema and sensitive skin.
- Read more here
SPF50 Hydrating Facial Mineral Sunscreen + Hyaluronic Acid 110mL (RRP $39) A tinted, hydrating, daily SPF 50 broad spectrum physical sunscreen to protect you from UVA, UVB and UVC rays whilst hydrating your skin to provide a nice glow!
- A tinted, hydrating, daily SPF 50 broad spectrum physical sunscreen to protect you from UVA, UVB and UVC rays whilst hydrating your skin to provide a nice glow!
- Formulated with hyaluronic acid, sunflower, magnesium and jojoba seed oils to provide powerful hydration and antioxidant protection against premature ageing. No white cast like most physical sunscreens and tinted to suit most skin types. Can be worn alone or under makeup and won't pill - you're welcome.
- Read more here
How to use:
1. Cleanse morning and night with the Magnesium pH balanced cleanser.
2. Apply a thin layer of the Glow Restore Triple Serum to your face.
3. Apply a thin layer of the Magnesium & Vitamin E Cream.
4. Follow with the SPF50 Hydrating Facial Mineral Sunscreen to protect your face from UV rays throughout the day.
The information provided by The Base Collective is not intended to be used as medical advice and should not take the place of professional or medical advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professionals with any questions you may have regarding your health or medical condition.
Pickup available at Head Office
Usually ready in 24 hours
Ultimate Face Bundle
15 Cochranes Road
Moorabbin VIC 3189
We're on a mission to weave
Into every busy womans world! Why you ask? Because this little powerhouse mineral is involved in over 300 processes in our bodies and most of us are not getting enough, achy butt from Pilates, waking up overnight? We've developed multiple ways for you to weave this mineral into your world. If you do ONE thing for yourself Make It Magnesium.